The Delhi School of Economics Admission application form has been released by the Delhi University for the year 2020. The application seems to take admission to various students in the MA in Economics programme. In this article, I have discussed the DSE application process, eligibility, and course fee.
Delhi School of Economics Admission
The Delhi University has released the official notification for the admission in the MA programme in Economics in the college. The deadline for the admission programme is 20 June 2020 to 31 July 2020. The MA programme is a post-graduation with Economics as a major subject. The admission process will start soon once the registration programme is over. The students who have completed their Undergraduate programme in Economics can apply for the respective examination.
Summary of DSE Admission
|Parent University||Delhi University|
|College name||Delhi School of Economics/ DSE|
|Notification Date||20 June 2020|
|Online Registration||20 June 2020 to 31 July 2020|
|Course offered||Undergraduate Course, Post-graduate Course and PhD course|
|Qualification||The candidate needs to have completed his graduation in any of the disciplines as notified in the notification.|
The candidate needs to possess work experience.
|Selection process||Entrance Test|
|Official handout||Read Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Eligibility of Delhi School of Economics Admission
- The Candidates must have cleared his Class XII with at least 60% minimum percentage.
- The Candidates must have cleared his Undergraduate programme with at least 60% minimum percentage and Economics as the major subject.
- There is no age limit to apply for undergraduate programmes.
- Every stream has different eligibility criteria, the person applying for different streams must have completed his class 12th in that particular stream.
How to apply for Delhi School of Economics Admission?
The students who wish to fill the Delhi School of Economics Admission Application Form must follow the given guideline. This guideline will help you to fill up your application form for the Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020 from the official website. Follow simple steps which are given below to submit your DSE Admission Application Form 2020.
- Go to the official website of Delhi School of Economics
- Click on the “Apply” tab on the home page.
- Click on Delhi School of Economics Admission Application Form 2020 and read it carefully.
- After reading Delhi School of Economics Admission notice, click on the proceed button.
- Enter your details to complete the registration process.
- After that login again using your Registration ID and Password.
- Now upload required scanned documents and make a payment of application fees.
- Post this, upload the scanned colored photograph and signature of the candidate,
- The application fee for the general candidate is Rs 1400 while it is Rs 700 for SC/ST/PWD.
- After paying your application fees click on the submit button and take a print out of your application form.
Documents required for DSE MA Admission
There is a list of documents which are required for filling the Delhi School of Economics Admission Application Form, the students while filling the Delhi School of Economics Admission Application Form must keep this document handy:
- The candidate must have his scanned copies of class 10th and 12th and graduation mark sheet and relevant certificates.
- The candidate must produce his scanned colored photograph with dimensions in the JPEG format. The photograph must be in a dimension of 140×160 with a maximum size of 60KB.
- The photo id proof and address proof of the candidate. The documents can be Adhaar card, Pan Card, or voter card.
- The candidate must also upload his scanned signature in the JPEG format. The signature must be also in with dimensions of 60×90. with a maximum size of 30KB.
- The candidate must also have a valid Credit/Debit card for paying the registration fee of the Delhi School of Economics Admission Application Form.
Delhi School of Economics Course Fee
The candidates selected for DSE Admission in any of the MA in Economics programs will have to pay the course fee as per the fee structure furnished in the table below:
|Tuition fee (| 18 per month from May to April)||216|
|University enrolment fee||150|
|University development fee||600|
|University annual charges||8|
|W. U. S. Health Centre fee||120|
|Student Union fee||125|
|Library deposit (refundable)||1000|
|DSE Amenities fund||100|
|Library development fee||200|
|DSE development fee||500|
|DSE Library services fee||1000|
|N. S. S. fund||20|
|Prevention of sexual harassment fund||10|
Delhi School of Economics Course content
The course content of MA in Economics offered by DSE in the semester programme is as follows:
Semester I: Macroeconomic Theory, Introductory Mathematical Economics, Macroeconomic Theory
Semester II: Introductory Econometrics, Markets, Institutions, and Economic Growth, Economic Development & Policy in India, One optional paper
Semester III: Four optional papers
Semester IV: Four optional papers
What is the deadline to apply for DSE MA in Economics?
The deadline to apply for DSE MA in Economics is 20 June 2020 to 31 July 2020.
What is the eligibility criteria for MA in Economics?
The Candidates must have cleared his Undergraduate programme with at least 60% minimum percentage and Economics as the major subject.
What is the total fee of the MA programme?
The total fee of the MA programme is around 3000 for a general candidate.
What is the minimum percentage required for admission in MA Programme in Economics?
The minimum percentage required for admission in MA Programme in Economics is 40% for general category students.
What is the admission process of the MA in Economics programme?
The admission process of the MA in Economics programme is Entrance Test and Counselling Process.
If you have any queries regarding Delhi School of Economics Admission, feel free to share with us through the comment section. Thanks!