Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will conduct the JEE Main Counselling and Seat Allotment process online through the official website. The Authority will conduct the JEE Main Counselling after the declaration of JEE Advanced Result. The admission will be offered based on the candidate choices and their All India Ranks of JEE (Main) 2020 through a Seat Allocation Process that is to be announced later by CSAB/ JoSAA.
The applicants who qualify the JEE Main Exam will be eligible for filling the application form of the JEE Main Counselling. You can get a direct link to the JoSAA from this article. Students should regularly visit the official website for further updates on the exam. Refer this article to know the complete process of JEE Main Counselling.
JEE Main Counselling: Highlights
Table of Contents
- JOSAA will conduct the counselling process for admissions into IITs, NITs, IIITs, GFTIs through JEE Main & JEE Advanced Score Card.
- The Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) is another seat allocation board that conduct counselling process for admissions into IIITs, NITs, CFTIs, through JEE Main Score Card.
JEE Main Counselling: Important Dates
You can check the important dates of the Counselling process from the table given below:
|JEE Main Counselling: Registration & Choice Filling Process Start Date||To be announced soon|
|Release of Mock Seat Allocation-Round 1||To be announced soon|
|Release of Mock Seat Allocation-Round 2||To be announced soon|
|JEE Main Counselling: Registration & Choice Filling Process Last Date||To be announced soon|
|Round 1 Seat Allocation||To be announced soon|
|Round 2 Seat Allocation||To be announced soon|
|Round 3 Seat Allocation||To be announced soon|
|Round 4 Seat Allocation||To be announced soon|
|Round 5 Seat Allocation||To be announced soon|
|Round 6 Seat Allocation||To be announced soon|
|Round 7 Seat Allocation||To be announced soon|
|Official website||Click Here|
JEE Main Counselling: Registration Process
You can check the steps to apply for the counselling process from the points given below:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of JoSAA available in the article
- Now enter the login details such as JEE Main Application Number, Password, Security Pin, and etc
- Now proceed and click on the “I Agree” option
- Then fill the required details in the JEE Main Counselling Form
- Review the application form again and click on “Confirm Registration”
Step 2: Choice Filling & Locking
The applicant will get an option to lock their college & preferred courses. The candidates need to fill their choices in the counselling form. You can check the steps to apply for the same from the points given below:
- The applicant needs to select choices of the college and courses in the available form
- Candidate can modify or change their preference by Edit/Change/Delete option
- After the proper verification, they need to lock their choices before the last date
- Candidates can lock their choice after every round of JEE Main Counselling
Step 3: JEE Main Seat Allotment Process
You can check the steps for the seat allotment process from the points given below:
- The admission will be offered based on the candidate choices and their All India Ranks of JEE (Main) 2020 through the JEE Main Seat Allotment Process.
- JoSAA mock seat allotment will be conducted in two rounds before the commencement of 7 rounds of JEE Main Counselling.
- Candidates need to carry all the required documents to be a part of the admission process. If they failed to produce any of the required documents then the admission can be rejected.
- Candidates who belong to the Gen-EWS, OBC, ST, SC & PWD category, they are required to produce the original certificate issued by the competent authority.
Step 4: Fee Payment & Seat Acceptance
In the next step, candidates have to pay the seat acceptance fee through Net Banking/e-Challan and confirm the allotted seat. The verification of all the required documents will be done at the reporting centre. After the verification of the documents and successful payment of fees, the authority will issue the provisional admission letter to the candidates.
In Case, if the candidates are not happy with the allotted seat for any reason, then they can use the following option:
1. Freeze: Candidates who are satisfied with the allotted seat, and do not wish to be a part of the further rounds of counselling, then they can select the “Freeze” option.
2. Float: Candidates who want to keep the allotted seat and also wish to upgrade the seat at the same time then they can select “Float” option.
3. Slide: Candidates who want to keep the allotted seat but want to upgrade the program in the same college then they can select “Slide” option
4. Withdraw: Candidates who have accepted the allotted seat but wants to withdraw the seat then they can select the “Withdraw” option and report to the allotted institution before the final round of JEE Main Counselling 2020.
You can check the application fee from the table given below:
|SC, SC-PWD, ST, ST-PWD, OBC, Gen-PWD, OBC-NCL-PWD||Rs 20,000|
|Other Candidates||Rs 45,000|
Step 5: Reporting to the time for Document Verification
The candidates are required to the report at the allotted centre with the required documents for the verification purpose. They are required to carry the following documents:
- Provisional Admission letter
- 3 passport size photograph (same as uploaded in the registration form)
- Proof of fee payment (seat acceptance)
- Valid Identity Proof
- JEE Main Admit Card 2020
- JEE Main Score Card 2020
- Mark sheet of 12th Standard
- Category Certificate (If applicable)
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Other Relevant Documents
Useful Links for JEE Main Exam
|JEE Main Registration||JEE Main Exam Pattern|
|JEE Main Syllabus||JEE Main Result|
|JEE Main Previous Cut-off||Preparation Tips for JEE Main|
For further more information details about JEE main counselling, visit the official website of NTA. If you have any queries, feel free to share it with us through the comment section. Thanks!