The National Testing Agency will release the CMAT Application Form 2020 on the official website. The students can fill the CMAT Application Form once it is released on the website. The examination is conducted by NTA from 2019 onwards but was earlier conducted by AICTE. The registration form will be available form. In this article, I have discussed the CMAT Application Form, eligibility, and top colleges.
CMAT Application Form
The Common Management Admission Test will be conducted on 24 January 2020, but the results of the examination will be declared in February 2020. The Examination will be conducted in the computer-based mode by the National Testing Agency. The CMAT examination will be conducted for four subjects viz Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Language Comprehension, General Awareness and Logical Reasoning.
Summary of CMAT Application Form
|Recruiting Organisation||Earlier AICTE byt NTA from 2019 onwards|
|Notified Exam||CMAT/ Common Management Admission Test|
|Notification Date||November 2020|
|Online Registration||01 November to 10 December 2020|
|Latest Exam Dates||Computer Based Test- 24 January 2020|
Personal Interview- To be notified later
|Total IIMs participating||1000+ top B-schools in India applying for PGDM and MBA courses|
|Qualification||The candidate needs to have completed his graduation in any of the disciplines as notified in the notification.|
The candidate needs to possess work experience.
|Selection process||Computer Based Test|
Group Discussion and Personal Interview
|Official notification||To be released in the first week of November 2020|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Eligibility of CMAT
The candidate having the following eligibility can apply for CMAT 2020:
- The candidate must possess a minimum of 50% marks in his graduation to appearing in CMAT 2020.
- A final year student in graduation can also appear in CMAT conducted by IIMs but the result of the final year must be released before the GD/PI.
- There is no age limit to apply and appear in CMAT 2020.
How to register for CMAT Application Form?
The students who wish to fill the CMAT Application Form must follow the given guideline. This guideline will help you to fill up your application form for CMAT 2020 from the official website. Follow simple steps which are given below to submit your CMAT Application Form 2020.
- Go to the official website:
- Click on the “Apply” tab on the home page.
- Click on CMAT Application Form 2020 and read it carefully.
- After reading CMAT notice, click on the proceed button.
- Enter your details to complete the registration process.
- After that login again using your Registration ID and Password.
- Now upload required scanned documents and make a payment of application fees.
- Post this, upload the scanned coloured photograph and signature of the candidate,
- The application fee for the general candidate is Rs 1400 while it is Rs 700 for SC/ST/PWD.
- After paying your application fees click on the submit button and take a print out of your application form.
Documents for CMAT Application Form
There is a list of documents which are required for filling the CMAT Application Form, the students while filling the CMAT Application Form must keep this document handy:
- Important details regarding the candidate
- A coloured photograph of the candidate with dimensions of 140×160. The photograph must be in a JPG/JPEG format no more than 60KB
- The signature must also be scanned with dimensions of 60×90. The signature must also be in a JPG/JPEG format no more than 30KB
- The candidate must also have a valid Credit/Debit card for paying the registration fee of the CMAT Application Form.
CMAT Exam Pattern
The CMAT Exam Pattern is based on the online-based test, the students have to appear for the computer-based test by visiting the test centre. The CMAT exam pattern is based on 4 subjects viz Language Comprehension, Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, General Awareness, and Logical Reasoning. The candidate will be getting 4 marks for every correct answer while for each wrong answer there will be a deduction of 1 mark.
|CMAT Exam 2020 Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
CMAT Selection Process
The CMAT Selection Process is based on 3 stages, the four stages of Common Management Admission Test are as follows:
CMAT Examination: The first stage includes the CMAT examination, the authority releases the scorecard of the candidate. The colleges accepting the scores will also release the cut-off of each college. Once, the cut-off is declared the students can apply for the colleges that match the scorecard.
Written Ability Test (WAT): The next is the WAT which means that whichever the college the students is applying he will have to appear for the WAT. The Written Ability Test mostly comprises of an essay test in which a burning and trending topic is given and students have to share their opinion on the given topics. The candidates are given around 30 minutes to complete the test. Its score accounts for 10% of the total weightage in the counselling process.
Personal Interview: Post WAT, the students are allotted a panel and they are interviewed by 4 5 people. Here, the personality of the student is assessed and his oratory skills are checked. The students have to perform exceptionally well in this stage.
Top colleges accepting CMAT Score
|Business College accepting CMAT score||CMAT Cut off|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies||99.99|
|Sydenham Institute of Management Studies and Research And Entrepreneurship Education||99.96|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management||90|
|GIM Goa: Goa Institute of Management||90|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research||90|
|IFMR Graduate School of Business at KREA University||90|
|Xavier Business School (XBS), St Xavier’s University, Kolkata||85|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management||85|
|Birla Institute of Management Technology||80|
|Institute of Management Technology||80|
|XIME Bangalore: Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship||80|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management Lucknow||80|
|KIIT School of Management Bhubaneswar||80|
|International School of Business and Media||80|
Other MBA Exam
If you have any queries regarding CMAT Application Form, feel free to leave a comment in the comment box. We will assist you and provide the most suitable information regarding your queries. Thanks!