The XLRI Jamshedpur will release the XAT Application form for the year 2020 soon. The students who are waiting for the final notification and exam details will get some relief now. The XAT Application form will be released in August 2020 as per the current trend. The students who want to fill the form should accelerate their preparations now.
XAT Application Form
The students can fill the XAT Application form by visiting the official website of the examination authority. The XAT exam is a computer-based examination that is conducted in 46 cities pan India. The exam is basically conducted to give admission to students in top colleges recognized by the XLRI and apart from this around 400+ B-schools accept the scores of XAT. The students should go through the syllabus and exam pattern of the XAT and prepare accordingly.
Summary of XAT Application Form
|Recruiting Organisation||XLRI Jamshedpur.|
|Notified Exam||XAT/ Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Notification Date||August 2020|
|Online Registration||2nd week of August 2020|
|Latest Exam Dates||Computer Based Test- 03 January 2021|
Personal Interview- To be notified later
|Total IIMs participating||11 top XLRIs, and 400+ top B-schools in India|
|Qualification||The candidate needs to have completed his graduation in any of the disciplines as notified in the notification.|
The candidate needs to possess work experience.
|Selection process||Computer Based Test|
Group Discussion and Personal Interview
|Official notification||To be released in the second week of August 2020|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Eligibility of XAT
The candidate having the following eligibility can apply for XAT Application form 2020:
- There is no age limit to apply and appear in XAT 2020.
- The candidate must possess a minimum of 50% marks in his graduation to appearing in XAT 2020.
- A final year student in graduation can also appear in XAT conducted by the XLRI but the result of the final year must be released before the Counselling.
- The XAT score will be valid for the Indian students while the students who will apply for abroad colleges will have to rely on GMAT scores.
How to apply for XAT Application Form?
The students who wish to fill the XAT Application Form must follow the given guideline. This guideline will help you to fill up your application form for XAT 2020 from the official website. Follow simple steps which are given below to submit your XAT Application Form 2020.
- Go to the official website:
- Click on the “Apply” tab on the home page.
- Click on XAT Application Form 2020 and read it carefully.
- After reading XAT notice, click on the proceed button.
- Enter your details to complete the registration process.
- After that login again using your Registration ID and Password.
- Now upload required scanned documents and make a payment of application fees.
- The application fee for the general candidate is Rs 2000 while for the GMAT it is Rs 2500.
- After paying your application fees click on the submit button and take a print out of your application form.
Documents for applying to the XAT
The documents required for applying for the XAT application are as follows:
- Class X mark sheet and Passing certificate
- Class XII mark sheet and Passing certificate
- ID proof such as Adhaar card or pan card
- Graduation degree certificates
- Work experience or internship certificate attended previously
- Reservation category certificates (if applicable)
- Digital signature and scanned photograph
XAT Exam Pattern
The XAT Exam Pattern is been revised for the year 2021, the changes in the sections are as follows:
|Part 1||165 minutes|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||No sectional time|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||28||No sectional time|
|Decision Making||21||No sectional time|
|General knowledge||25||15 minutes|
Syllabus of XAT
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Algebra, Geometry, Number System, Probability & Statistics, Sequence & Series, Mensuration, Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Permutation & Combination, etc|
|Data Interpretation and Quantitative Ability||Venn Diagram, Data Sufficiency, Coding & Decoding, Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Puzzles, Blood Relations, Logical Sequence, Binary Logic, Graphs, Charts, Tables, etc|
|Quantitative Ability||Algebra, Geometry, Number System, Probability & Statistics, Sequence & Series, Mensuration, Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Permutation & Combination, etc|
|General knowledge||Current Affairs, Business Economy, Capital and Currencies etc.|
Selection Process of XAT
The selection process of XAT is divided into the following stages, let’s assess each one of them minutely:
Xavier Aptitude Test 2021 score: The interested students will have to appear for the XAT exam, the exam is conducted for 100 questions for a total of 100 marks. The higher the marks, the more chances of getting a good college. This scorecard is helpful in getting an admission in any of the participating colleges
Written Ability Test (WAT): The next is the WAT which means that whichever the college the students is applying he will have to appear for the WAT. The Written Ability Test mostly comprises of an essay test in which a burning and trending topic is given and students have to share their opinion on the given topics. The candidates are given around 30 minutes to complete the test.
Personal Interview: Personal Interview consists of personal assessment wherein a panel checks their analytical and decision making of the student. Here, the personality of the student is assessed and his oratory skills are checked. The students have to perform exceptionally well in this stage.
These all process combined together forms the selection process of the XAT, the students who are successful in all of these stages get the final selection in any of the colleges participating in XAT.
Colleges Participating in XAT
|K J Somaiya Mumbai||85|
|FORE New Delhi||85.25|
|BIMTECH Greater Noida||75|
Useful Links for XAT Exam
Keep in touch with this web portal for more latest updates regarding XAT. If you have any queries regarding XAT, feel free to ask us through the comment section. Thanks!