The much-awaited SSC JHT Notification and Senior Translator are out for the students who wish to work for SSC. The notification is released for a total of 383 posts under the different departments of various ministries. The students can apply for the post of Junior Hindi Translator from the last week of June 2020. Let’s have a complete look at the SSC JHT Notification.
SSC JHT Notification
The Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC JHT Notification for the year 2020 for the post of Junior Hindi Translator and Senior Translator. The notification was released in the last week of June and the computer-based examination is scheduled to be conducted in October 2020. The selection of the students as a Junior Hindi Translator or senior translator will be based on a computer-based test and a descriptive test. The students will be selected on the basis of the cut-off of phase 1 and phase 2 exam conducted by the SSC.
Summary of SSC JHT Notification
The summary of SSC JHT Notification 2020 is available in the table below, go through it to get a hold off the whole examination in a go.
|Recruiting Organisation||Staff Selection Commission|
|Notified Post||SSC JHT|
|Online Registration||29 June 2020 to 27 July 2020|
|Latest Exam Dates||Computer Based Test- 06-10-2020|
Descriptive Date- 31-01-2021
|Total vacancies||Hindi Translator- 275|
Senior Translator- 8
|Qualification||The candidate needs to have completed his graduation with knowledge of Hindi/English.|
|Selection process||Computer Based Test |
|Result Link for CBT 1||Available soon|
SSC JHT Eligibility
The candidates who wish to apply for the post of SSC Junior Hindi Translator should go through the eligibility on the SSC JHT Notification. The eligibility of the students under the SSC Junior Hindi Translator is given as follows:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must fall in the age group of 18-30 years.
- A candidate is required to pass his post-graduation or Master’s degree from a recognized State Board.
- The candidate must possess a Master’s degree of a recognized University in Hindi/English with English/Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level.
SSC JHT Tentative Vacancies
The Staff Selection Commission has released the tentative vacancies for the post of Junior Translator and Junior Hindi Translator. The tentative vacancies for Junior Translator are 275 while that of the senior translator is only 8. However, these vacancies of SSC JHT are tentative in nature and will be increased in nature. The nature of the job of a Hindi translator is to just to translate the content in other languages to Hindi.
How to apply for SSC JHT Notification?
Here we are sharing some guideline that will help you to fill up your application form for SSC JHT Notification 2020 from the official website. Follow simple steps which are given below to submit your SSC JHT Application Form 2020.
- Go to the official website: https://ssc.nic.in/
- Click on the “Apply” tab on the home page.
- Click on SSC JHT Notification 2020 and read it carefully.
- After reading SSC JHT Notification, click on the proceed button.
- Enter your details to complete the registration process.
- After that login again using your Registration ID and Password.
- Now upload required scanned documents and make a payment of application fees.
- After paying your application fees click on the submit button and take a print out of your application form.
SSC JHT Exam Pattern
The students who have applied for the post of SSC JHT will have to appear for two examinations viz computer-based test and Descriptive test. The SSC JHT Notification 2020 has a detailed explanation of the syllabus and the process of examination of the SSC JHT. The students will have to clear the cut-off of both the exams separately as decided by the commission. It is very important the candidates have to clear the sectional as well as the overall cut-off to qualify for the three respective tests.
Tier 1 will be a computer-based Objective test, the duration of the test will be 2 hours. The candidate will get 2 marks for each correct answer while ¼ will be deducted for each wrong answer. The test will be conducted for2 subjects viz General English, General Hindi.
|Subjects||No of question||Marks|
TIER 2- Descriptive Test
The Tier 2 will be a descriptive written test, i.e. the students will have to write the answer with pen on paper. The candidates who will be successful in Tier 1 and clear the cut-off will be called for Tier 2. The paper will be of 100 marks and 2 questions viz one short essay and one letter will be asked in the paper. The total duration of the test will be 2 hours for a student and they will have to work on essay writing and translation.
Job-Profile of SSC Junior Hindi Translator
The job-profile of a SSC JHT is mentioned in the SSC JHT Notification which I am going to mention below:
- The candidate has to do all the translation of the documents from English to Hindi.
- The candidate also has to maintain the files and records relating to office work.
- He also has to assist Hindi Officer in the implementation of work of official language policy.
- As a Junior Hindi Translator, he has to attend all the work related meetings on behalf of his superiors.
Pay-Band of SSC JHT
The Staff Selection Commission has released the Junior Hindi Translator for different departments is as follows:
|Junior Translator in Central Secretariat Official Language Service (CSOLS)||Level-6 (Rs 35,400- 1,12,400)|
|Junior Translator in M/o Railways (Railway Board)||Level-6 (Rs 35,400- 1,12,400)|
|Junior Translator in Armed Forces Headquarters (AFHQ)||Level-6 (Rs 35,400- 1,12,400)|
|Junior Translator/Junior Hindi Translator in subordinate offices who have adopted Model RRs of DoP&T for JT/JHT||Level-6 (Rs 35,400- 1,12,400)|
For further more queries regarding SSC Junior Hindi Translator Recruitment, leave comment below in the comment box. Our team will assist you and provide appropriate information regarding your queries. Thanks!