Staff Selection Commission popularly known as SSC conducts the SSC CPO exam every year. It is one of the most competitive exams when it comes to police jobs. A great number of candidates take part in this examination to fulfill their dream as a central government employee. If you have applied for the SSC CPO Exam and searching for the SSC CPO exam pattern, then this is the right place. In this article, we have discussed the complete selection process and exam pattern of the SSC CPO exam. Moreover, you can find useful links to download syllabus and study material.
SSC CPO Selection Process
Table of Contents
We will discuss the SSC CPO Exam pattern and selection process simultaneously. First of all, let us have a look at the overview of the SSC CPO Selection Process. The candidates have to go through the following steps to get selected for SSC CPO recruitment 2020.
- SSC CPO Tier-I (Computer-based Test)
- PET & PST (Physical Endurance Test & Physical Standard Test)
- SSC CPO Tier-II (CBT)
- DEM (Detailed Medical Examination)
The first hurdle that comes in the way of the applicants of SSC CPO Recruitment is the written exam (Tier-I). The candidates who will be declared qualified in Tier-I will be called for Physical Endurance Test. Thereafter further process will be carried out. Now we will discuss the pattern of each step of the SSC CPO Selection Process.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern Tier-I
This is the first step to move forward in the SSC CPO Recruitment Process. The candidates have to score equal or more marks than cut-off marks which will be declared after the completion of the examination. Here is the exam pattern of SSC CPO Tier-I.
- The exam will be conducted on the computer (CBT).
- There will be asked 200 questions of 200 marks i.e. each question carries 1 mark.
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice.
- You will get 2 hours (120 Minutes) to complete SSC CPO Exam.
- The negative marking also applicable as 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Section||Name of the Subject||Total number of questions||Marks|
|I||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
|IV||English Language & Comprehension||50||50|
SSC CPO PET (Physical Efficiency Test) Details
The candidates who will qualify the SSC CPO Paper-I will be shortlisted for the PET & PST. The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of various factors like score card, category, number of vacancies. Here are the details of the Physical Efficiency and Physical Standard Test.
Physical Standard Test
|Belonging to Hilly regions & areas of J&K, North East & Sikkim||165||80||85|
|Belonging to Hilly regions & areas of J&K, North East & Sikkim||155||--||--|
Physical Endurance Test
The candidates have to go through the below tests to get qualify in SSC CPO PET.
For Male Candidates:
- 100-meter race in the duration of 16 seconds
- 1.6 Km Race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 5 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 meters in 3 chances
- Short put 16 LBS: 4.5 meters in 3 chances
For Female Candidates:
- 100-meter race in 18 second
- 800-metre race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 meters or 9 feet in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 meters or 3 feet in 3 chances
The shortlisted candidates on the basis of SSC CPO Tier-I will be able to appear in SSC CPO Tier-II if they complete the PET & PST successfully.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern Tier-II
This is the most important phase for SSC CPO Exam and candidates consider it the toughest phase of this exam. This phase will ensure your selection because after that you have only go through the documentation and medical examination. Here is the pattern of SSC
- The test will be only in English.
- SSC CPO Tier-II consists of 200 questions of 200 marks.
- The time duration for the exam is 2 hours (120 Minutes)
- The test will be conducted on the computer and objective questions will be asked.
- Negative marking is a penalty of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern (Documentation)
After the SSC CPO Tier-II examination candidates have to go through the documentation process. In this phase, candidates have to produce some essential documents to prove their eligibility. Candidates will be notified through the call letter which documents they have to produce during documentation.
- Matriculation Certificate (For age proof)
- Certificate of your Graduation or degree.
- Caste and Category Certificate.
- Domicile (Residential Proof)
- Any other certificate, if applicable
SSC CPO Detailed Medical Examination
This is the last and final stage of the SSC CPO exam. Here are some criteria that will be considered in the detailed medical examination.
- Minimum Near Vision: N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye)
- Minimum Distant Vision: 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye)
- Must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes
- Eye standards should be without visual correction of any kind even by glasses.
The official website of SSC: ssc.nic.in
Useful Link for SSC CPO
|SSC CPO Notifiation||Previous Year Papers|
|SSC CPO Apply Online||SSC CPO Answer Key|
|SSC CPO Exam Pattern||SSC CPO Cut-off|
|Syllabus for SSC CPO||SSC CPO Result|
|SSC CPO Admit Card||Study Material & Books|