The Ministry of Finance has released the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana via press conference by the Union Minister of India Nirmala Sitharaman and Minister of Finance by State Mr. Anurag Thakur. The COVID pandemic has hit the country badly and has caused a lot of job loss of the migrants and relocating of the migrant workers back to their villages. The scheme also helps the poor migrant with monetary benefits and all the population which is being affected by the pandemic badly.
PM Garib Kalyan Yojana
The PM Garib Kalyan Yojana aims to uplift the weaker section of the country that have relocated back to their villages. These migrants have lost their jobs and also a lot of small business is hit by the pandemic. Hence, to help the people of the country in these tough times the government has announced a relief package for the citizen’s worth Rs 1.71 CRS. The citizens who wish to avail the benefits of this scheme should be small traders and business personnel of the country. This package also covers the frontline workers, health personnel and Self-help group workers who are working day and night for the betterment of the country.
Summary of PM Garib Kalyan Yojana
|Released by||Union Government of India|
|Launched by||Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Name of the scheme||PM Garib Kalyan Yojana/ PMKGY|
|Beneficiaries||Poor and Migrant people of the country,|
Self Help Groups who are working for the country in this pandemic,
Front-line workers of the country who are fighting for the country in this pandemic,
Business and small traders of the country.
|Relief Package amount||1.71 crores|
Monetary benefits to farmers, SHGs and unorganised labour sector.
|Official Notification||Read Here|
|Official Website||Click here|
Eligiblity for PM Garib Kalyan Yojana
The eligibility for the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana for all the people who have applied for the scheme:
- The beneficiary should be an Indian National.
- The beneficiary must be belonging to any one of the community or group as released in the official notice.
- The person must be a farmer or must be belonging to the unorganised labour sector.
- The person must be a ration cardholder in the country.
How to apply for PM Garib Kalyan Yojana?
The commission has shared the form filling guidelines that will help students to fill up your application form for PM Garib Kalyan Yojanafrom the official website. Follow simple steps which are given below to submit your PM Garib Kalyan Yojana Application Form 2020.
- Go to the official website
- Click on the scholarship applied for on the home page,
- Then, Click on the Scholarship Student’s announcement,
- Click on the “Apply” tab on the home page.
- Click on the captcha and read it carefully.
- After entering the captcha, click on the proceed button.
- Enter your details to complete the registration process.
- After that login again using your Registration ID and Password.
- Now upload required scanned documents i.e. passport size photo and signature and make a payment of application fees.
- Post this, upload the required documents such as Adhaar card, pan card you have.
- At last, Click on the submit button and take a print out of your application form.
- Note down the registration number and password for future use.
Steps to check the status of PM Garib Kalyan Yojana
The students can check the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana status by visiting the official website of the state designated to the scholarship. The student who wishes to check the status can perform the following steps:
- Visit the official website,
- Post this, click on the link for the “PM Garib Kalyan Yojana status tab”.
- After this, the person must enter the status whether it is BPL or APL.
- Once all this is done the person must post their basic requirement asked in the navigation bar.
- The details include Application number, registration number, Adhaar number and, Date of Birth.
- Click on Get Status option
- At last, the status will display on the monitor.
- The candidate must check the status of the PMKGY Application form.
Benefits of PMKGY
- Under the scheme, there will be kind of hike given to the people who work as MNREGA Worker
- The health workers who are frontline warriors for CORONA will get insurance cover of Rs 50 lakh from the PMGKY Insurance.
- The government has also increased the contribution towards the EPF which is around 12% now. The total EPF would be now 24% that will be paid by the government and employee.
- The Widower/Old age/disabled pensioner will get extra benefit under the PMKGY scheme.
- The population which come under the Ujjawala scheme will get the cylinder free of cost for the next three month.
- Under this scheme, the Self-Help Group workers will get an extra 10 lakh rupees collateral loan, before this they were getting 10 lakh now it will be a total of 20 lakhs.
- All ration cardholder will also get the 1 kg of pulse-free from the ration dealer for the next three-month.
- The farmers who are waiting for the instalment of PM Kisan Yojana will be paid in the first week of April 2020. Also, those farmers who have not got a single installment will get it by April first week.
Which ministry launched the PMKGY scheme?
The Ministry of Finance, Government of India launched the PMKGY scheme.
How can I check my PMKGY Scheme status?
check your PMKGY Scheme status on the official website.
Is Adhaar Card mandatory for availing PMKGY scheme?
Yes, Adhaar Card is mandatory for availing PMKGY scheme.
How will the government transfer the money to the people?
The government will transfer the money to the people through DBT method.
List of Various Scholarships:
- MOMA Scholarship Get Complete Details Here!
- Digital Gujarat Scholarships Check Eligibility Criteria
- Bihar Scholarships – Complete List, Eligibility Criteria
- UP Scholarship Form Apply Online
Dear reader, If you have any queries regarding PM Garib Kalyan Yojana, feel free to share with us through the comment section. We will assist you and provide the most suitable information regarding your queries. Thanks!