Here we have given a complete syllabus for NIMCET Exam. NIMCET i.e. National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test is responsible for providing admission in MCA Course. There is 11 NIT across India that offers MCA Course through NIMCET. The candidates who are preparing for NIMCET can download NIMCET Syllabus from this webpage. As per the official news, NIMCET will be conducted in the month of May 2020. Download NIMCET Syllabus and make a time table for the preparation. Practice a lot and solved previous year papers.
NIMCET Syllabus Section Wise
As we know that NIMCET is a popular exam. A great number of candidates appear in this exam every year. Syllabus helps to prepare well and provides a strategy to compete with the exam. Therefore, Here is the complete syllabus and you can download it. Let us have a look at the NIMCET Exam Pattern.
Overview of NIMCET Exam
- Conducting Body: National Institute of Technology (NIT)
- Name of the Exam: National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test
- Test Mode: Offline
- The medium of Exam: English
- Exam Duration: 2 Hours (120 Minutes)
- Types of Questions: Objective Multiple Choice
- Total Number of Questions: 120
- Total Marks: 480 Marks (Every correct answer carry 4 marks)
- Negative Marking: A penalty of 1 mark for every wrong answer
NIMCET Mathematics Syllabus:
Set Theory: Concept of sets – Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary counting; permutations and combinations.
- Fundamental operations in algebra
- Expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear/quadratic equations
- Arithmetic Progression
- Geometric and Harmonic Progressions
- Determinants and matrices.
- Rectangular Cartesian coordinates
- Distance formulae
- The equation of a line, and the intersection of lines
- The pair of straight lines
- Equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.
Probability and Statistics:
- Basic concepts of Probability Theory
- Dependent, and independent events
- Frequency distributions
- Measures of central tendencies and dispersions.
- Limit of functions
- Continuous function
- Differentiation of function
- Tangents and normals
- Simple examples of maxima and minima
- Integration of functions by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction
- Definite integrals
- Applications of definite integrals to areas.
- The Position vector
- Addition, and subtraction of vectors
- Scalar and vector products and their applications
- Simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Simple Identities
- Trigonometric equations properties of triangles
- The solution of triangles
- Heights and distances
- General solutions of trigonometric equations.
Computer Awareness Syllabus:
- Organization of Computer
- Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- The structures of instructions in CPU
- Input/output devices
- Computer memory and backup devices
- Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations
- Binary arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic, and two’s complement arithmetic
- Floating-point representation of numbers
- Boolean algebra
- Truth tables
- Venn diagrams
General English Syllabus:
Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidates’ general understanding of the English language.
- Basic English Grammar
- Synonyms, and Antonyms
- One Word Substitution
- The meaning of words and phrases
- Technical writing
Analytical Ability And Logical Reasoning:
In this section, the question will be based on the logical situations and facts given in the passage.
Download NIMCET Syllabus PDF File
.NIMCET Exam consists of Objective Type Questions and the exam will be conducted offline mode. Candidates who want to crack this test should have NIMCET Syllabus on their fingertips. NIMCET Exam 2020 will be scheduled in the month of May. Therefore, Candidates should start their preparation with a proper strategy and right approach to crack this exam. Here is the direct link through which you can download NIMCET Syllabus.
Subject-Wise Marks Distribution
NIMCET Exam comprises questions from Mathematics, General English, Reasoning, and Analytical Ability and Computer Knowledge. The section of mathematics carries the highest number of questions (50questions) and marks (120 marks). Keep in mind that Negative marking also considered for marking scheme as the penalty of 1 mark for every wrong answer.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Reasoning and Analytical Ability||40||160|
NIMCET Preparation Tips:
Candidates who want to crack NIMCET 2020 in their first attemp should follow some preparation tips. The canddates should work hard with a proper strategy. Here are some tips that may help you to get success in NIMCET Exam.
- First of all, make a proper time table and strategy.
- Follow your time table on a regular basis with full honesty.
- Choose the best books and study material for NIMCET.
- Make short notes for revision purposes.
- Practice previous year papers and sample papers.
- Attempt mock tests to improve your speed.
- Take enough sleep and eat healthy food.
Download NIMCET Previous Year Papers
Some Recommended Books for NIMCET
Here is the list of some best book for NIMCET recommended by teachers who are helping thousands of students to make their dream true.
Books for Mathematics Section:
- Arihant MCA Entrance Test By Amit M. Agarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude By Rita Mishra
Logical Ability and Reasoning Books
- All about Reasoning (Verbal) By Anjani A Gupta
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning By A. K. Gupta
- Non Verbal Reasoning By B. S. Sijwali & Indu Sijwali
General English Books
- Test of English Language By RPH Editorial Board
- Advance General English By H. S. Bhatia
Book for Computer Awareness
- Objective Computer Awareness By Ramesh
All the aspirants who are going to participate in NIMCET 2020 Exam are suggested to bookmark this webpage. Here we will update all the information about the NIMCET Exam when it will be published by officials. If you have any queries you can leave the comment below. Thanks!