The National Institute of Technology has released the NIMCET Exam Pattern for the 2020 session. This examination is conducted by the National Institute of Technology for the students who wish to study Computer Applications from the institutes. The students who have already completed their Bachelor’s degree with Science as the main subject will be eligible for the examination. The probable course offered by the institute is MCA for the students.
The registration process was opened for the students on 06 March 2021 to 01 June 2020. The examination was initially announced to be held in May 2020 but the examination was deferred citing the COVID pandemic. The application window was further reopened and then it was closed in June 2020. The examination date has been revised to 22 October 2020. The students are awaiting the release the admit card for the NIMCET exams.
Timeline of NIMCET Exam Pattern
|Registration Dates||06 March 2020|
|Last date to apply for exam||06 March 2021 to 01 June 2020|
|Correction window for Exam||06 March 2021 to 01 June 2020|
|Release of admit card for||October 2020|
|Exam Date||22 October 2020|
|NIMCET Results||To be notified soon|
|Official Website||Click here|
NIMCET Exam Pattern
The examination will be conducted online and it will be a computer based test for the students. The students will get 4 marks for every correct answer while there will be a deduction of 1 mark for every wrong answer. The duration of the exam will be 120 minutes which is 2 hours. The students who will be successful in the online exam will be called in for the further process.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning||40||160|
NIMCET Exam Pattern Syllabus
The NIMCET is conducted in two-phase viz one is Preliminary exam while second is Mains exam. The syllabus of NIMCET is different for preliminary and different for Mains. The question asked in the preliminary exam is low level in difficulty meter while the question asked in Mains is high in difficulty level. The syllabus of the NIMCET Exam Pattern for both the phases is given below:
|English Language||Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Fillers Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, rearrangement, Match the Sentences grammatically|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Data Interpretation Time and Distance Time and Work HCF and LCM Simple and Compound Interest Problems on Trains Average Probability Permutation and Combination Pipes& Cistern Number System Mensuration Percentage|
|Reasoning Ability||Puzzle Seating Arrangement Blood Relations Analogy Odd Man Out Coding and Decoding Directions Based Concept Row Arrangements Critical Reasoning Input-Output|
|Computer Knowledge||Languages, Basic Hardware and Software, History of Computers, Devices, Viruses and Hacking|
Important Books for NIMCET Exam
The students must follow the list of books that has been reccomended by previous toppers and students for the NIMCET Exam:
|Fast-track Objective Arithmetic||Arihant Publications|
|Quickest Mathematics||Kiran Publication|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S. Agarwal|
|Practice Book on Quicker Maths||M.Tyra & K. Kundan|
|Objective General English||S.P Bakshi|
|A Mirror of Common Errors||Dr. Ashok Kumar Singh|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Dr R. S. Aggrawal|
|Test of Reasoning||Edgar Thorpe|
|Lucent General Knowledge||Lucent Publication|
|Pratiyogita Darpan||Upkar Publication|
|Current Affairs||At-least 6 months old|
Tips and Strategy for NIMCET Exam
There are certain step which should be kept in mind if you wish to know, the tips and tricks related to the NIMCET Exam. Just read along the given steps to ace the NIMCET exam:
- Follow the syllabus diligently, it is very important to cover the ins and outs of the syllabus thoroughly. Every chapter is important from the exam point of view. The syllabus of NIMCET is very vast of all the subjects hence, the students must concentrate and devise a strategy to tackle the subject completely.
- The second step after marking the important syllabus of the subject is to devise a correct schedule for each and every subject and follow it every day.
- Practising is the 3rd key for a correct preparation strategy, there have been a lot of instances where the questions of previous years are been repeated. Hence, a good way to tackle this is to practice a lot from previous year questions and 10 years question bank available in the online or offline market.
- A very crucial point that must be in the strategy of How To Prepare for NIMCET? is avoiding wild guesses. For every wrong answer, the NIMCET deducts 1 marks hence a perfect way to achieve good marks is to avoid negative marking.
- At last, try to reduce the stress and pressure of the examination. One unique way to do this is to indulge in social activities or co-curricular activities. The students can also resort to meditation to increase the memory power of the students during exams.
NIMCET Previous Year Papers Download PDF
What is the selection process of NIMCET Exam?
The selection process of NIMCET Exam includes a computer based test and counselling.
When will be the admit card of NIMCET Exam released?
The admit card of NIMCET Exam will be released soon on the official website.
What is the NIMCET Exam Pattern?
The NIMCET Exam Pattern is discussed in the article above.
What are the recommended books for NIMCET Exam Pattern?
The recommended books for NIMCET Exam Pattern are present in the article above.
Dear Reader, If you have any queries about NIMCET Exam pattern, Syllabus and PDF, feel free to share with us through the comment section. Thanks!