MDU DDE Admission Notification: Directorate of Distance Education of MD university has released a notification regarding the MDU DDE Admission 2020. Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU) offers various under-graduate and post-graduate courses including B.A., M.A., M.Sc., Bachelor & Master of Commerce. The students who are seeking for admission into MDU distance education can submit the Application form from the official website. Application forms are invited online mode and candidates can submit on or before the last date. Applicants will get admission on the basis of their marks in the qualifying examination. Further details about MDU DDE Registration, Admission, Examination is given below.
Overview MDU DDE
Table of Contents
- Name of the University: Maharshi Dayanand University
- Name of the Department: Directorate of Distance Education (DDE)
- Courses Offered: B.A., Bachelor of Commerce., M.Sc. (Mathematics), M.A. and Master of Commerce.
- Admission Criteria: On the basis of marks in the qualifying examination
- Mode of Application: Online
- Official Website: mdudde.net
MDU DDE Admission Key Dates
The students who wish to take admission in MDU Distance Education courses must be aware about the important dates regarding MDU DDE Admission 2020. The candidates will be able to submit their application form within a specified period. Keep in mind that application form will not be accepted by the Directorate of Distance Education, MDU. The blow table tells about the important dates of the events scheduled for MDU DDE Admission 2020.
|Registration for B.A. /Bachelor of Commerce and M.A./Master of Commerce 1st year||Available Now|
|Registration for B.A. /Bachelor of Commerce 2nd & 3rd year and M.A.//Master of Commerce 2nd year will open after||4 July 2020|
|Last date for generation of Challan||September 2020|
|Last date for submission of Challan in PNB or Axis Bank||Last week of September|
|Last Date to submit printout of Application form along with documents and Bank Challan at DDE office||Fourth week of September|
|Last Date to submit printed copy of form along with documents and Bank Challan at DDE office (with Rs. 500 late fee)||1st week of October 2020|
|Last Date to submit printed copy of form along with documents and Bank Challan at DDE office (with Rs. 1000 late fee)||fourth week of October 2020|
MDU DDE Courses Offered
MDU DDE offered 13 under graduate & post graduate courses.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Master of Arts in Hindi- M.A. (Hindi)
- Master of Arts in English- M.A. (English)
- Master of Arts in Sanskrit- M.A. (Sanskrit)
- Master of Arts in Political Science- M.A. (Political Science)
- Master of Arts in Public Administration- M.A. (Public Administration)
- Master of Arts in Economics- M.A. (Economics)
- Master of Arts in History- M.A. (History)
- Master of Science in Mathematics- M.Sc. (Mathematics)
- Master of Commerce
- Bachelor of Library & Information Science
- Master of Library & Information Science
Duration of Various Courses
|Name of the Course||Duration||Mode|
|Bachelor of Arts B.A.||3 year||Annual|
|Bachelor of Commerce||3 year||Annual|
|Master of Arts (Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Political Science, Public Administration, Economics)||2 year||Annual|
|Master of Science(Mathematics)||2 year||Annual|
|Master of Commerce||2 year||Annual|
|Bachelor of Library & Information Science||1 year||Annual|
|Master of Library & Information Science||1 year||Annual|
MDU Distance Education Admission (Eligibility Criteria)
The students who are going to submit their application form for the MDU DDE Admission should check the eligibility criteria before applying online. If you are eligible as per prescribed format of MDU Distance Education Notification, then your application form will be accepted.
For B.A./Bachelor of Commerce (Part-I):
The students who have passed one of the following examination with English as one of the subject can take admission into B.A./B.Com Part-1:
- 12th or Senior Secondary from BSEH i.e. Board of School Education, Haryana OR
- Diploma in Pharmacy Course (for B.A. only) OR
- Three Year Diploma conducted by the State Board of Technical Education, Haryana and English and Hindi subject should be passed at 12th level for admission to B.A. and Bachelor of Commerce Courses OR
- Any other examination recognized by Academic Council of the Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak as equivalent to above.
For Master of Arts (M.A.) Courses
The students must have completed bachelor degree or 3 year graduation programme from a recognized institution or university.
For M.Sc. in Mathematics
Candidates must have completed a bachelor’s degree along with mathematics as a compulsory subject for all three years from a recognized university.
For Master of Commerce
Candidates who have completed a graduate degree or a Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) or B.B.A. or B.A. with Economics/Marketing/Insurance Subject can apply to take admission into the Master of Commerce Course.
For Bachelor of Library & Information Science (B.L.I.Sc.)
The student must have completed a Bachelor Degree from recognized University or its equivalent.
For Master of Library & Information Science (M.L.I.Sc.)
The applicant must have completed a Bachelor of Library & Information Science from Maharshi Dayanand University or from anyother recognized University or any degree recognized or equivalent.
MDU DDE Registration 2020
The candidate who will submit their application form to get admission into the courses offered by the University, through distance mode will get a registration number. Each student will get a unique registration number and all the records will be maintained for the registered students. With the help of this registration number, students can make any correspondence with the DDE. The students who are applying for the first year can complete the registration process through the official website of DDE. Here are some instructions that will help you in the registration process.
- First of all go to the official website of MDU DDE: http://mdudde.net/
- Click on the link “New Admissions are Open”.
- A new window will appear on your screen then click on Admission in New program.
- A new window will appear after clicking on “Click Here” under Step-1 of the procedure to fill online form for admission in NEW Programme.
- Click on New Registration, a dialogue box will appear ” Are you a Student of MDU”, Click on No Button.
- A new window will appear asking basic information like name, address, contact details, etc.
- Fill up all the correct details and click on the Register button.
Here we are providing direct link of Applicant Registration Window.
How to Apply for MDU DDE 2020 Admission
documents Application form for MDU Distance Education are invited online and students have to visit the official website in order to submit their application form. All the students are suggested to read out the official information brochure before submitting their application form. Read all the information carefully, check eligibility criteria, and required documents. Before applying online, keep the following details and documents ready.
- Matriculation, Senior Secondary, Degree certificate or mark sheet.
- Valid Email ID
- Scanned copy of latest passport size photograph, signature & thumb impression.
|Name of the Document||File Format||File Size|
|Latest passport Size Photograph||JPG/JPEG||50 KB|
|Thumb Impression||JPG/JPEG||50 KB|
Procedure to fill online form for MDU DDE admission
Step 1: First of all register yourself through the to get Registration Nuber or Student Number and Password through SMS, E-Mail. To complete the registration process follow the instructions which are given under registration Headline on the same page.
Step 2: Now, log in through the student number and password to fill up the further application form. Enter Student ID & Password then click on the login button. After login successfully, fill up the following details:
- Personal details
Upload the required scanned documents (Photograph, signature, thumb impression) and click on make payment button to get print copy of Challan.
Step 4: Make payment of application fees with Challan in any branch of Punjab National Bank or Axis Bank
Step 5: Once you have made payment of application form you will receive a new Password through another SMS and email. If you don’t get a new password through SMS and email then you can generate a new password by clicking on Forgot Password link.
Step 6: Now login through the student portal using Student number and Password.
Step 7: Click on Registration and Select subjects and get a print copy of Application Form which is to be submitted in the office of Directorate of Distance Education, MDU, Rohtak.
Postal Address: Directorate of Distance Education, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak-124001, Haryana, India.
MDU DDE Fees Structure
Total Fees Payable at the time of Admission or Fees for New Students
|Name of the Course||Annual Fees for General Category Candidates (in rupees)||Annual Fees for Reserved Category Candidates (in rupees)|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)||5000||3125|
|Bachelor of Commerce||5800||3800|
|Master of Arts in Hindi||6500||3813|
|Master of Arts in English||6500||3813|
|Master of Arts in Sanskrit||6500||3813|
|Master of Arts in Political Science||6500||3813|
|Master of Arts in Public Administration||6500||3813|
|Master of Arts in Economics||6500||3813|
|Master of Arts in History||6500||3813|
|Master of Science in Mathematics||7000||4063|
|Master of Commerce||7000||4063|
|Bachelor of Library & Information Science||11500||8250|
|Master of Library & Information Science||12000||8750|
- SC/ST category of Haryana only
- Working for defense personnel up to the level of JCO (having no financial aid)
- University employees/spouse/wards
Important Documents for MDU Distance Education
After filling up online application form it is crucial to submit printed copy of online application form along with some important documents. If you fail to submit your printed application form and mandatory documents, your application form will be rejected. Here is the list of documents that are required for MDU DDE Admission.
- A printed copy of Online application form signed by the candidate
- Receipt of the application form (transaction proof)
- An identity proof
- Certificate or mark sheets of the qualifying examination
- Category Certificate
- Certain documents if you are claiming concession in fees
Some Useful Instructions for the Students
- You are advised to read out the official information brochure before applying.
- Provide valid email Id and mobile number.
- Not down the student ID & Password and keep it safe for future uses.
- Fill your application form on a computer, not on mobile.
- ill the form on Google Chrome for better services.
- Fee can be paid through e-challan at any branch of Punjab National Bank or Axis Bank.
- Don’t forget to submit a printed copy of your application form to the office of the Directorate of Distance Education before the last date.
- Attach all the required documents along with the Application form before submitting it.
- You can collect the study material in Hindi or English medium for the courses as available with the Directorate/University.
MDU DDE Examination
The Directorate of Distance Education will conduct an annual exam for undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the month of April and May receptively. The examination may be postponed due to some compelling circumstances or administrative reasons. The exact date for the annual examination will be announced before 1 or 2 months of examinations. All the applicants will be able to check the exam date sheet on the official portal of DDE. The candidates will be able to download their MDU DDE Admit Card from the official website by providing their credentials or you can also download by login into the student portal of DDE. The result for the examination will be announced through the official website and the supplementary examinations of students having compartment/re-appear shall be held on the dates to be notified by the Controller of Examinations.
Useful links for MDU DDE
|MDU DDE Admission||MDU DDE Date Sheet|
|MDU DDE Admit Card||MDU DDE Result|
|MDU DDE Reappear Form||MDU DDE Official Website|
F.A.Q. MDU DDE Admission
What is the mode of MDU DDE Application Form?
The students can submit application form for the MDU DDE Admission through online mode. There is no other mode for filling up application form to get admission into various courses offer by the MDU DDE. Application form will be accepted through the official website. Thereafter you have to submit the printed copy of Application form in the office of Directorate of Distance Education.
What are the scanned documents required while filling up the application form for MDU DDE?
The candidates have to upload some scanned copy of documents to submit their application form successfully. The documents are: A scanned copy of latest passport size photograph, signature and thumb impression. It is mandatory to upload the required documents in the prescribed format and size.
How are applicants shortlisted for admission to MDU DDE?
All the applicants will get admission on the basis of their percentage in the qualifying examination. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of applicants marks in qualifying examination to shortlist the candidates for various courses.