The culture of Haryana is enriched with various festivals and these festivals are celebrated with full fervor and grandeur. In today’s post, we will talk about the famous festivals in Haryana. This topic is also frequently asked in the HSSC Exams like clerk, Patwari, Gram-Sachive, Haryana Police exam. So this topic is very important for those candidates who are preparing for HSSC exams. Let us have a look at the festival in Haryana.
हरियाणा की संस्कृति विभिन्न त्योहारों से समृद्ध है और इन त्योहारों को पूरे उत्साह और भव्यता के साथ मनाया जाता है। आज की इस पोस्ट में, हम हरियाणा में प्रसिद्ध त्योहारों के बारे में बात करेंगे। यह विषय HSSC परीक्षा में क्लर्क, पटवारी, ग्राम-सच, हरियाणा पुलिस परीक्षा में भी अक्सर पूछा जाता है। तो यह विषय उन उम्मीदवारों के लिए बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है जो HSSC परीक्षा की तैयारी कर रहे हैं।
Famous Festivals in Haryana
There are a number of festivals which are celebrated in Haryana. Here is the list of some famous festivals in Haryana:
- This festival is celebrated on Sawani-Sudi or on the arrival of monsoons in India.
- It is celebrated to welcome ‘Sawan’ also known as the rainy season.
- This festival is named after a small red insect called Teej in Haryana which comes out from soil After the first showers of Sawan.
- This festival also marks the auspicious event when Parvati won Shiva after a long Penance.
- On Teej, girls receive new clothes from their parents.
- The evenings are set aside for singing & dancing.
- Myna Tourist complex at Rohtak is famous for Teej festival
Guga Navami Festival
- This festival is celebrated in the Bhadrapad month (August) on Navami.
- Shrine place is known as ‘Mari’, named after Guga Chauhan Rajput born in Distt. Churu (Rajasthan).
- A long bamboo with top adorned with peacock plumes, a coconut, some colored threads, hand fans (Bijna) and blue flag mark the celebrations.
- This is called Chhari or fly flap main instruments like Dholak, Manjiras, Deru, Chimta and Cymbals dance in tune with rhythm shedding tears and beating their chests with iron chains.
The birth of Srimad Bhagwad Gita is celebrated at Kurukshetra. Celebrating the philosophy of selfless karma, the Gita Jayanti presents Gita recitals, aarti and deepdan (दीपदान) at Brahma Sarovar, Shloka recitals and quiz.
This festival is celebrated at Pinjore Garden, Pinjore (Panchkula). At this festival, Preserved fruit shops are organized with festivals of cultural festivities and a splash of color.
Kartik Cultural Festival
This festival is celebrated at Nahar Singh Mahal at Ballabhgarh, Faridabad. It is started by the State Govt. of Haryana and Centre Govt. of India to revive the folklores of the Haryana.
This festival is dedicated to Gauri, the goddess of abundance. People carry the image of Gauri-Mahadeva from one village to another and finally immerse it into the river. The festival is meant for young girls who dress up with new clothes and pray for good husbands. Married ladies also pray for the well being of their partners.
Puja of this festival is dedicated to Goddess Sheetla, also known as Sheetla Ashtami. Usually it falls after eight days of Holi. According to Basoda customs, families do not lit fire for cooking this day. Hence, most families cook meal one day before and consume previous day cooked food on this day.
One-day festival in which married women fast from sunrise to moonrise for the safety and longevity of their husbands. It falls on the 4th day after the full moon, in the month of Kartik.
Other Festivals in Haryana
- Dhulendi (Faag)
- Naag Panchmi
- Hanuman Jayanti
- Ram Navami
- Akshaya Tritya
- Basant Panchmi
- Goverdhan Pooja
Download Festivals in Haryana PDF
Friends, we got information about some of the major festivals of Haryana. This topic is very important from the point of view of exams because the questions from this topic have been seen in the previous year’s question papers. If you are also preparing for the HSSC exam, then you can download the PDF of the major festivals in Haryana, from the link given below.
दोस्तों, हमें हरियाणा के कुछ प्रमुख त्योहारों के बारे में जानकारी मिली। यह विषय परीक्षा के दृष्टिकोण से बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है क्योंकि इस विषय के प्रश्न पिछले वर्ष के प्रश्न पत्रों में देखे गए हैं। अगर आप भी HSSC परीक्षा की तैयारी कर रहे हैं, तो आप नीचे दिए गए लिंक से हरियाणा के प्रमुख त्योहारों की PDF डाउनलोड कर सकते हैं।
Important Topics of Haryana GK
- Important Rivers of Haryana Notes Download PDF / हरियाणा की महत्वपूर्ण नदियाँ
- Geography of Haryana Useful for HSSC, HTET & HPSC Exam
- Important Lakes in Haryana Notes PDF / हरियाणा में झील
- The polity of Haryana Useful for HSSC, HPSC Exam
- List of Festivals of Haryana Notes Download / हरियाणा के त्यौहारों की सूची
- Fairs of Haryana / हरियाणा के मेले Complete List
- Folk Dances of Haryana / हरियाणा के लोक नृत्य Download PDF
- Important Awards of Haryana Download List / हरियाणा के महत्वपूर्ण पुरस्कार
- Sportspersons of Haryana / हरियाणा के खिलाड़ी Download PDF
- Important Dams of Haryana / हरियाणा के महत्वपूर्ण बांध
- List of Universities in Haryana Download PDF