The State Government of Delhi will release the Delhi Scholarships for the year 2020. The students who are eligible and wish to avail the benefits of the scholarship can apply from the notified dates. The Delhi Scholarships is the best way to avail the financial benefits of the government released for the students. In this post, I have discussed the Delhi Scholarships in detail along with eligibility.
The Delhi government will release the notice of the scholarships for the year 2020. The government offers scholarships in a lot of fields and to a lot of students. The major scholarships offered by the government are Pre-Matric, Post-Matric, Delhi Ladli for the girl child. The scholarships offered financial assistance and benefits to the students belonging to financially unstable families. They also offer scholarship and financial support to the girl child of family belonging to low-income groups.
Summary of Delhi Scholarships
|Organisation||State Government of Delhi|
|Name of the scholarship||Delhi Scholarship|
Delhi Ladli for girl child
|Online Registration||Pre-Matric – August to November|
Post-Matric- August to November
Delhi Ladli for girl child – August to November
|Scholarship Releasing dates||Pre-Matric- January 2021|
Post-Matric- 26 January 2021
Delhi Ladli for girl child- 26 January 2021
|Qualification||The candidate needs to have completed his Matric or Inter in any of the disciplines in the first-class division.|
The candidate must be studying in any higher-level programme such as UG/PG.
|Selection process||On the basis of marks obtained in the Matric or Inter.|
|Official Notification||Read Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Eligibility of Delhi Scholarships
- The candidate must be a permanent domicile of Delhi.
- The student must be admitted to a regular school with at least 70% attendance.
- The annual income of a student’s parents must be less than Rs 2.5 lakh for the General/OBC/SC/ST student for the Pre-matric scholarship.
- The annual income of the student’s guardian must be less than Rs 1 lakh for the General/OBC/SC/ST for the post-matric scholarship.
- The student must have appeared and passed in any of Class 1-12 with 1st class division for being eligible to Delhi scholarship form.
- The girl children applying for Delhi Ladli scheme must be born in Delhi and the family income must not exceed 1 lakh.
Important dates of Delhi Scholarships
|Delhi Scholarship||Important Dates||Sanctioned by|
|Financial assistance for the purchase of stationery to SC/ST/OBC/ Minority category students||December to February||Department of welfare of SC/ST/OBC|
|Reimbursement of tuition fee for students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Minority category||December to February||Department of welfare of SC/ST/OBC|
|Scholarship/Merit Scholarship to students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/ Minority Category||December to February||Department of welfare of SC/ST/OBC|
|Merit Scholarship for students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/ Minorities category studying in Colleges||December to February||Department of welfare of SC/ST/OBC|
|Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students Studying in Delhi and also outside Delhi but within India||August to October||Department of Education|
|Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students Studying in Delhi and also outside Delhi but within India||August to October||Department of Education|
|Delhi Ladli Scheme||August to October||Department of Women and child development|
How to Register for Delhi Scholarships?
The education department has shared the form filling guidelines that will help students to fill up your Delhi Scholarships form on the official website of the department. Follow simple steps which are given below to submit your Delhi Scholarships Application Form 2020.
- Go to the official website
- Click on the scholarship applied for on the home page,
- Then, Click on the Scholarship Student’s announcement,
- Click on the scholarship you wish to choose such as Pre/Post Matric
- Click on the “Apply” tab on the home page.
- Click on Delhi Scholarships Form 2020 and read it carefully.
- After reading notification, click on the proceed button.
- Enter your details to complete the registration process.
- After that login again using your Registration ID and Password.
- Now upload required scanned documents i.e. passport size photo and signature and make a payment of application fees.
- Post this, upload the required documents such as mark sheets of the exams passed.
- At last, Click on the submit button and take a print out of your application form.
- Note down the registration number and password for future use.
Documents Required for Applications
The candidate must possess some documents for availing the benefits of the Delhi Scholarships form:
- Aadhaar Card
- Photo id proof attested by the Headmaster of the school attended.
- Original Address Proof with the permanent id proof of Delhi
- Annual Income declaration certificate of parents
- Receipt of fees paid for the course
- Birth Certificate of child issued by the Municipality
- E-copies of the certificates
- Mark sheet of the exams appeared for either Matric/Inter
- Caste Certificate
- Bank Passbook
- Bank Account details
Delhi Scholarships Offered
|Delhi Scholarship||Benefits offered|
|Financial assistance for the purchase of stationery to SC/ST/OBC/ Minority category students||The candidates will get a reward of INR 200 per month.|
|Reimbursement of tuition fee for students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Minority category||The candidates will get fees reimbursement only if he is a domicile holder of Delhi|
|Scholarship/Merit Scholarship to students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/ Minority Category||The candidates will a reward of INR 4500 per month as a reward.|
|Merit Scholarship for students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/ Minorities category studying in Colleges||The candidates will reward of INR 1860 per month on completion of the eligibility.|
|Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students Studying in Delhi and also outside Delhi but within India||The candidates under this scheme can get up to INR 1000 per annum.|
|Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students Studying in Delhi and also outside Delhi but within India||The candidates will get an award up to INR 600 per annum on satisfying the conditions.|
|Delhi Ladli Scheme||The candidates will get an award up to INR 11,000 P/A is given under this scholarship.|
Dear readers, If you have any queries regarding Delhi Scholarships, Eligibility Criteria, Application process, you can ask us through the comment section. We will assist you and provide appropriate information regrading your doubts. Thanks!